Friday, May 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Mommy

My mother would be 64 today.  

Her favorite flower was Wisteria.  
Her favorite song was "What A Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong.
She favored strong, bold colors.
She read, she wrote, she sewed, she cooked, and she loved.
She was kind, loyal, beautiful, funny, smart, and genuinely nice.
She believed the best in people, even when they didn't believe in themselves.
She projected strength and love to the world.
She was secretly scared of so many things but so few saw that.
She was a wonderful friend, wife, and mother.
She taught me to always be true to myself.
To always take the pass less traveled.
She taught me that nobody can make me feel inferior without my permission.
She was amazing.

My friend Amanda said one of the most touching things I've ever heard about my mother:

"There are some people whose love reaches so deep inside of you they forever change your outlook on life. Just thought you should know she did that for me. The way she could see the good in people and offer grace made a permanent impression on me and I think of her often. Thanks for sharing her with me. You are such a beautiful reflection of who she was. What a legacy she left behind!"

If you've still got your mom, give her a hug and remember how lucky you are!

That is all.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. Wishing you a very happy mother'd day. Mine would have been 62...I wish she was here so I could give her a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *hugs* I understand. Hope you had a good day as well MB!

    ReplyDelete