Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Worst Blogger Ever!


 Hi Kittens!  

Yes, I know, I'm the worst blogger ever.  Over a month has gone by and I have not blogged.  I feel shame.  Shame and anguish!  I do hope you'll forgive me!  Life has been a bit busy but I am going to try to get better about blogging.  I know, you've heard it before, but this time I mean it....;)

 As you can see, B bought the kids a trampoline.  In completely unrelated news, Kim sprained her wrist.  We also had a very scary trip to the emergency room.  Like, call an ambulance for my passed out and unresponsive daughter, scary.  Not a fun time.  Still not sure what is going on but she had an allergic reaction to something and dehydration didn't help that any.  She had food allergy testing on Tuesday and we are waiting for Children's to call about getting her back in with the gastroenterologist.  She's been having stomach problems for a few weeks and we're not going to wait until this gets bad to get it figured it out this time. 

Mother's Day is usually within a few days of  my mom's birthday and it's rarely a good day for me.  Although I try not to mire myself in grief, I usually spend the day in a funk.  This year, mom's birthday fell on the same day as the Heritage plant sale in Ferndale.  B and her mom went every year and this is her first year without her.  We decided to be selfish and take the day for ourselves.  We went to the plant sale which began with us crying in the car.  We walked over and I immediately saw a Wisteria that had my name all over it.  It was mom's favorite plant and what better way to wish her a Happy Birthday?  Poppa gave B some $$ for us to buy plants and have lunch so thank you Poppa for the pretty plant!  I picked up a few other plants and a present for Sarah's birthday, then I went to sit down.  Part of my way of handling my anxiety is people watching.  I noticed this guy who was cute and figured he was waiting for his wife because it was clear he wasn't interested in the plants.  Becca and I were chatting back and forth across the sale and one of my friends showed up.  I noticed, while talking to Michelle, that this man had gone to talk to Becca.  Hmmm...odd.  My friend went off to find plants and this man walks up to me "Susan"?  "Yes?"  "Your friend told me to come over here, my name is Chris".  Let's face it folks.  For such an intelligent woman, I'm kind of a moron.  I assumed he was Becca's ex boyfriend Chris and she wanted me to meet him.  I'm smooth too, let me tell you.  "It's nice to finally meet you".  A few seconds of small talk and I went back to talking to my friend Michelle.  As Becca and I were leaving, I feel a tap on my shoulder.  This guy hands me his phone number written on a piece of paper and all sheepishly (and how adorable can he be?) told me if I wanted to call him, that would be great.  I smiled and think I said something like "Oh cool!  Have a good day".  He walked back into the store near the plant sale.  I walk up to B and say "Your creeper ex boyfriend just gave me his phone number".  "I've never seen that guy before in my life.  He came up to me and asked if you were single.  When I told him yes, he said you were beautiful so I gave him your name and told him he should talk to you.  I think he came out specifically to meet you".  Yep, smooth as glass, that's me.  This totally cute guy is hitting on me and I'm not only oblivious but kind of ridiculous.  Becca and I had a great day filled with memories, fun, and I think being together really helped us get through a miserable day.  I got home around 9 that night and the next day was Mother's Day so I didn't get a chance to call Chris until Monday night.  We talked for four hours that night and have been rather inseparable since.  He's fantastic, my kid adores him, and he thinks I'm amazing.  I am over the moon for this guy!!!  It's so nice to finally be happy and he does make me so happy!  Okay, enough gushing.  You'll be hearing more about Chris in the future, never fear!

Well, I've babbled on long enough.  School's almost done for the kids and summer is almost here.  It's been a rough year here in The 'Ham and I'm hoping the next year will gift us with happiness, peace, and love.

That is all Poppets. 


4 comments:

  1. I am so loving this post!! Could this be a love story brewing?? Oh, I can't wait to get an update!!!! Hope things just keep getting better and better for you!!! Please keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mama, It is a full blown awesome romance! ;) Thank you so much! Things are amazing and look to be that way for a while! I promise, you'll hear more about him! ;)

      Delete
  2. I see a romance brewing here and I am very happy for you...He sound pretty amazballs.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MB, thanks! He is pretty amazballs. Really, a phrase that doesn't get used enough :) I could go on and on about how awesome he is. He treats me like a princess and I LOVE it!

      Delete