Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Fun


Well, summer is here and so is the fun!

We had the after school celebration with the kiddos.  We took them roller skating, lunch, Mallard's Ice Cream, and had a celebration cook out at home.  They worked their patookeses off this year in school.  Sean finished his freshmen year in high school (and how the hell did that happen?  I'm getting old), Sarah and Kim both did their 7th and 8th grade curriculum, and Shanny finished up elementary school.  Kim and Shan have chosen to return to public school next year.  I'm trying really hard to be supportive.  Really, really, really hard.  

Strawberry picking was next with lots of fun and tons of yummy strawberry jam at the end of it.

Of course, there's the fourth of July with the fireworks and the one of two days a year that I allow myself to drink too much.  Becca made tons of food and we spent the day outside in the sun (for almost everyone, I was in the shade).  I am so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life.  

B has some great stuff planned for the kids this summer.  The NW WA Fair, Birch Bay Water Slides, a weekly jaunt to a nearby town to do some spelunking, Do Do Monkey's birthday, and of course the 6th (?) annual Water Balloon Wars!!!!

Never forget, the group camping trip is coming! WAHOO!!!!
 
 


Sus is coming home for a few days in August and I get to meet her boyfriend which is super cool.  At some point, Kim and I are going to make it down to Sunnyvale to hang out in the fun and sun as well.  I'm not sure where that's going to fit but damnit, it's going to happen!


Of course, the last two months have been full of Chris.  He really is amazing.  For the first time in so long, I'm being treated well and I won't lie, it's nice.  I am completely twitterpated over this incredible man.  We have a lot in common but enough differences to keep it interesting.  He's incredibly shy, sweet, and very funny.  Yep, twitterpated.  I don't care that spell check keeps telling me that it's not a word.  If it's good enough for Thumper, it's good enough for me!

Off and running so more later!

That is all.

4 comments:

  1. Your summer plans sound fabulous and I can't tell you how happy I am that you are "twitterpated" over Chris! Sending lots of love and light your way, my friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your summer plans have been pretty amazing. We are house shopping and I am about to stab myself in the eyes with a fork..I thought it was supposed to be fun ;0/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever told you that it would be fun, lied. I know you'll find the perfect house because you're you, but in the meantime, wine. Lots of wine. <3

      Delete